Gaming is the greatest job!
Gameloft Romania (www.gameloft.ro) is expanding the Creations Department. Check out the job openings both in Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest and join Gameloft Romania team now! If you are a 2D Artist, 3D Artist, 3D Animator, Game Designer, Game Producer or Art Director just send your CV and portofolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position and studio you apply for: Cluj-Napoca or Bucharest.
1. As a 2D artist you will work on developing the graphical identity of a videogame.
- Degree from an Art College
- Strong knowledge of color theory
- Excellent sense of color, the possibility to create well-balanced color palettes, an ease of transposing ideas into already decided colors
- Outstanding drawing and composition skills
- Knowledge of classical drawing and painting techniques
- Ability to work in an already defined style is a plus
- Skill with Photoshop or 3D development tools is a plus
- 3D modeling experience in low and high poly is a plus
- Experience in texturing is a plus.
- Creates character concepts, environments and backgrounds in collaboration with the game designer and art director
- Conceives the game interface and menus
- Makes sure that all the graphic assets have an unitary graphic aspect, in accordance with the game’s determined.
2. As a 3D Game Environment Artist you will work on modeling, texturing and lighting level environments and assets.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Maya or XSI (basic knowledge of 3D Studio Max is a must)
- Highly proficient in modeling 3D environments and objects, using both hi-poly and low-poly techniques
- Good knowledge about lightning techniques (vertex colour and lightmap are a must)
- Able to animate basic objects in a 3D environment (trees, moving objects etc.)
- Able to work respecting strict technical and artistic limitations and instructions
- Good artistic sensibilities
- The ability to produce textures of high artistic quality is an important plus
- General knowledge about 3D rendering engines and adjacent technologies (shaders, scripts) is an important plus
- Experience in creating games and knowledge about the gaming art and history are very appreciated.
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate is able to create the whole artistic part of a game level, models terrain geometry, level objects and props at the top quality required by the next-gen consoles market (Apple iPhone, Playstation 3 Nintendo Wii, XBOX 360). He creates textures, sets up lighting, optimizes the geometry of the level, uses in-house tools to export and check the level in-game. 3. As a 3D Animator you will work on bringing to life and in motion the characters and monsters of a video game.
- 2 years of experience in 3D Studio Max, Maya or a similar 3D development tool
- Clear understanding of character motion and physics-based motion
- Ability to give style to animations (characters, vehicles, objects etc.) with an accent on exaggerated movements
- Can work well using existing assets (2D concepts/3D objects already modeled) and references
- Working experience on PC or consoles (DS, PSP, Wii) is a plus
- Understanding of rigging and skinning techniques is a major plus.
- Creates and animates characters and 3D objects in 3D Studio Max and reviews these assets in the game
- Gets involved in the creation process by interacting with the game designer, art director and producer of the project.
4. As a Game Producer you will ensure the timely delivery of the highest quality project possible.
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in managing teams of creative people and projects from concept to release
- Technical background is a plus
- Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the highest quality games on agreed schedule or deadline
- Must have passion for game development, and the ability to manage equally passionate people in a very demanding working environment
- Must have independence and initiative and proven track record of seeking out tasks, finding new ways to enhance productivity both personally and for the team
- Extreme attention to detail without compromising the ability to do many things at once with ongoing interruptions
- A rich visual vocabulary (games, movies, comics)
- An understanding of basic narrative (story telling) techniques and workflows
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Your main responsibility will be to lead our development teams toward the completion of top tier mobile game titles.
- Macro and Micro management of the development teams
- Planning and follow-up of the development cycle.
- Quality control in the main areas of game development: (Game Design, Graphic Design, Programming)
- Maintaining relations with the international development team.
- Maintain relations with the international marketing team.
5. As a Game Designer your are in charge of developing the main core interactive and narrative mechanics of a game with the main purpose of delivering a fun experience to the player. Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of basic rules of game design (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward).
- Think creatively and have a passion for playing and making games
- Ability to work well in groups, including strong interpersonal skills
- A minimum of three years previous experience as game designer or level designer in the industry
- Experience with at least some of the industry standard editor packages (UDK, Unity)
- A rich cultural and visual background (movies, comics, theatre, literature, painting)
- A wide and deep understanding of the gaming industry, especially in terms of past and future trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- An understanding of the major tools used in the game industry (3D modeling and animation especially) is a plus.
- Designs fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story
- Writes thorough and complete feature documentation
- Communicate designs clearly to other teams members.
6. 3D Art Director Role Overview:Under the responsibility of the Studio Creative Director, Studio Art Directors and Studio Manager, you will have to:
- Lead, mentor and supervise an art team in creating a 3D game ;
- Define and then showcase the art direction of the game during the pre-production phase ;
- Maintain the consistency of the art style during all steps of development;
- Control and establish development guidelines for every aspect of art production: characters, environments, animations, cinematics direction, special fx and post-processing, user interface design ;
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process, while taking into account the technical and scheduling requirements of art production ;
- Collaborate with the Technical Director in defining and streamlining technology solutions and art production pipelines ;
- Maintain effective communication with supervisors, team artists and other departments within the team to manage expectations and results ;
- Take active part in the recruitment and evaluation process of the team members.
- You are highly motivated; with a deep passion for video games ;
- You have 4-6 years experience as Art Lead or Technical Art Lead ;
- Previous Art Director experience showcased by a published AAA title is greatly appreciated ;
- Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished product ;
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts;
- Track record in delivering excellent work while managing dynamic, competing priorities ;
- Hands-on previous experience in any major CG art field is a must (Concept art or 3D modeling, for example) ;
- You have a proven experience in working with 3Dstudio Max (or Maya) and Zbrush ;
- You have a deep understanding of shading, post-processing and advanced mapping techniques ;
- You have a “lead by example” work philosophy ;
- We are seeking for an experienced, autonomous and versatile profile.
Qualifications: wow! so many skills require to apply for this even that i have all that, but what i will get in return? 2000 ron while the boss is making your job a nightmare? or maybe working for 1000 $, while with my work they win more than 100000 $? Not very fair. At least 2 to 3 years experience in managing teams of creative people and projects from concept to release Technical background is a plus Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the highest quality games on agreed schedule or deadline Must have passion for game development, and the ability to manage equally passionate people in a very demanding working environment Must have independence and initiative and proven track record of seeking out tasks, finding new ways to enhance productivity both personally and for the team Extreme attention to detail without compromising the ability to do many things at once with ongoing interruptions A rich visual vocabulary (games, movies, comics) An understanding of basic narrative (story telling) techniques and workflows Knowledge of the gaming industry Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in English Ability to work under pressure.
Pentru a comenta stirea trebuie sa fi logat. Login